Captchas - The new one and the old one. Google introduces new captcha.

There's a good news for web developers, bloggers, white hats and general internet users and there's a bad news for hackers, black hats, spammers and some of my friends. :p

Google is finally saying bye to the old, irritating and difficult captcha. They are introducing a new captcha which will differentiate between humans and bots in just one click. 


This amazing move by Google might reduce spamming (There's no way on earth to stop spamming.) 





  • reCAPTCHA improves Google's knowledge of the physical world by creating CAPTCHAs out of text visible on Street View imagery. As people verify the text in these CAPTCHAs, this information is used to make Google Maps more precise and complete. So if you're a Google Maps user, your experience (and everyone else's) will be even better.
  • reCAPTCHA helps solve hard problems in Artificial Intelligence. High quality human labelled images are compiled into datasets that can be used to train Machine Learning systems. Research communities benefit from such efforts that help build the next generation of groundbreaking Artificial Intelligence solutions.  
  • reCAPTCHA digitizes books by turning words that cannot be read by computers into CAPTCHAs for people to solve. Word by word, a book is digitized and preserved online for people to find and read. 

This PasteBin is a demo code of how captchas can be used: http://pastebin.com/B2ccx5ry

Every time you solve a Captcha, you create something new. Lots of Love :D

SHARE ON:

Hi! I'm Siddhant Minocha, a Jaipur based hacker/developer. I spend most of my day coding things, trying to develop the next billion dollar idea. When I'm not over-analyzing random stuff and people, I hang out with friends (mostly entrepreneurs). I'm in my final year of graduation and till now I have started and exited 3 startups and developed a lot of websites and software for different companies. Follow me on twitter and other social networks to see what I keep doing. You can also hire me to design/develop your website, if you're worried about your website or app's security or any other tech related work. See ya! :D

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment