Make your Ubuntu look better than a Mac (Part 3 - Install Mac Icons in Ubuntu)

In the last two posts, I explained how you can install a Mac like dock and a Spotlight on your Ubuntu System. Now its time to make your icons also look like Mac. 

This will give you a complete feel of Mac on your Ubuntu System. 

Download Mac Icons from: http://n00b-un-2.deviantart.com/art/OSX-Icon-Theme-for-Gnome-279284710    and follow these steps:

1)Download the .zip file. 
2)Go to your "Home" and press ctrl+H. You will get a lot of hidden folders. 
3)Find the folder named ".icons" and place the entire icon directory in that folder. 
4)Open Unity Tweak Tool>Icons and select the icons you just placed in the directory.



5) Save and go!


Lots of love! :)

Update: Check out this similar tutorial:

 
-Add a sexy weather widget to your Ubuntu desktop!




SHARE ON:

Hi! I'm Siddhant Minocha, a Jaipur based hacker/developer. I spend most of my day coding things, trying to develop the next billion dollar idea. When I'm not over-analyzing random stuff and people, I hang out with friends (mostly entrepreneurs). I'm in my final year of graduation and till now I have started and exited 3 startups and developed a lot of websites and software for different companies. Follow me on twitter and other social networks to see what I keep doing. You can also hire me to design/develop your website, if you're worried about your website or app's security or any other tech related work. See ya! :D

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment