Add a drawer to Unity in Ubuntu. Ubuntu gets a drawer function like android, iOS, Mac and other OS.

What's up Ubuntu Folks? Today I'm here with a beautiful drawer like thing for our Unity. iOS, Android, Chromebook, Mac and GNOME have this kind of functionality already. Ubuntu was missing on such a feature but now its here. Say thanks to Anton Sukhovatkin.

This how a drawer looks like on Ubuntu. Here's how to install the cool thing in your Ubuntu.

First, Download the .deb file from http://unity-folders.exceptionfound.com/unity-launcher-folders_1.0.2_all.deb

After downloading, open a terminal and run this command

sudo dpkg -i /file/to/path


After installing, open "unity launcher folders" by searching in dash.


Now, create a new drawer.


Click OK and start dragging links, files, apps etc to the new drawer.






Click on the button that says "Save drawer and add to launcher".

You'll see the launcher has been added to your unity dash.






Keep rocking! Lots of love! :D

SHARE ON:

Hi! I'm Siddhant Minocha, a Jaipur based hacker/developer. I spend most of my day coding things, trying to develop the next billion dollar idea. When I'm not over-analyzing random stuff and people, I hang out with friends (mostly entrepreneurs). I'm in my final year of graduation and till now I have started and exited 3 startups and developed a lot of websites and software for different companies. Follow me on twitter and other social networks to see what I keep doing. You can also hire me to design/develop your website, if you're worried about your website or app's security or any other tech related work. See ya! :D

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment