Add a sexy weather widget to your Ubuntu desktop!

Today I found a very interesting widget for Ubuntu. Its a weather widget and its really beautiful. With a lot of customisations available, GIS Weather is undoubtedly the best and weather widget available for us.

Features (most are for the widget only):
  • Supports the following weather services: Gismeteo.com, Weather.com, AccuWeather.com;
  • View weather for several days;
  • Detailed weather forecast for today and tomorrow;
  • Fast switching between cities;
  • Select the background and theme weather icons;
  • "Compass" with the wind direction, with adjustable angle of rotation
  • High wind highlighting;
  • Supports SVG and widget scale;
  • Ubuntu AppIndicator and tray icon;
  • 4 different widget presets;
  • Configurable units for temperature, wind, pressure, etc.;
  • Supports multiple instances.

Gis Weather can be used as a desktop widget only, as an AppIndicastor / tray icon or both.
 
 
There are a lot of backgrounds and icons available for the widget and if configured properly it will totally match our mac like set up! ;)
 
 
Select the latest package i.e 0.7.3 and download the .deb file.
 
 
To install: Open a new terminal, change your directory to the folder where you downloaded the .deb and run 
 
sudo dpkg -i ./gis-weather_0.7.3_all.deb
 
 
That's it! Open your dashboard and run Gis Weather.
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
Lots of love! :)
 
 
 
 

SHARE ON:

Hi! I'm Siddhant Minocha, a Jaipur based hacker/developer. I spend most of my day coding things, trying to develop the next billion dollar idea. When I'm not over-analyzing random stuff and people, I hang out with friends (mostly entrepreneurs). I'm in my final year of graduation and till now I have started and exited 3 startups and developed a lot of websites and software for different companies. Follow me on twitter and other social networks to see what I keep doing. You can also hire me to design/develop your website, if you're worried about your website or app's security or any other tech related work. See ya! :D

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment